Renewable energy project owners, shareholders & developers can apply to be certified by Reneum Institute to earn GREN tokens.
Reneum undertakes robust certification measures to ensure all registered projects are in compliance with global REC standard criteria such as physical project inspection, contract due diligence, meter reading review and verification against double sale of credits.
In order for a project to receive Reneums, it must:
- Produce 100% renewable power from an eligible source. Eligible sources include:
- Solar (PV and concentrated solar thermal)
- Wind (onshore and offshore)
- Waste to Energy
- Small-scale hydro will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Receive no other EACs (RECs, ROCs, REGOs, etc.) that represent a property right to its non-power attributes
- Receive no carbon credits associated with the emissions reduced compared to a fossil fuel alternative
- Not have a PPA with a third-party that includes/bundles non-power attributes
for project owners to receive GRENs
1. An eligible project will request to join through the Join Us section!
2. On request, the project developer or owner provides documentation covering the core project information above, along with confirmation that:
- a. The project is not receiving, nor has applied to receive any other EACs or carbon credits;
- b. The project has not sold its non-power attributes as part of a bundled PPA; and
- c. Any support given to the project does not confer rights to the project’s non-power attributes;
3. Once the information has been verified by Reneum (including checks of all the major carbon and REC registries), site inspection will be conducted.
4. Projects will be connected remotely via API to each site’s SCADA or monitoring system, which requires access to this control system. Please note this is required for on-demand monitoring and we cannot accept offline meter readings.
5. Once project’s monitoring system is connected, a Reneum team member will help you set up your smart wallet where you will begin receiving GREN tokens to sell.
6. You can now monetize your tokens entirely on your own!